Become a pivotal part of SongShift as a Web and Site Reliability Engineer. We are a music platform beginning to grow rapidly, on a mission to redefine how music is shared, transferred, and experienced around the world. In this crucial role, you will not only ensure the optimal performance, security, and efficiency of our platform but also play a significant part in shaping our technical direction. As the third member of our dynamic team, you will have substantial responsibility and the unique opportunity to make impactful decisions that will influence the future of SongShift. This a salary-based position.
- Design, deploy, and maintain serverless applications using AWS Lambda, with a focus on writing Lambdas in Server-side Swift.
- Manage and optimize our database operations, predominantly working with DynamoDB, to ensure fast and reliable access to data.
- Implement workflow automation using AWS Step Functions to streamline our processes and enhance efficiency.
- Maintain and update both frontend and backend aspects of our websites and web applications, ensuring they meet the highest standards of performance and user experience.
- Collaborate closely with our team, contributing to the high availability and reliability of our services.
- Act as the primary 24/7 contact for production incidents, resolving issues promptly and proactively working to prevent future occurrences. An additional stipend is provided for off-hours responses.
- Write server-side logic using NodeJS and Swift, ensuring seamless integration and functionality.
- Develop and implement strategies for deploying services across various AWS regions, ensuring high availability and fault tolerance. Understand the nuances and challenges associated with different regions to optimize performance and cost.
- Design and execute robust disaster recovery plans, ensuring minimal downtime and data loss in the event of system failures or other unforeseen issues. Regularly test and update these plans to adapt to changing needs and potential risks.
- Implement data redundancy and backup solutions across multiple AWS regions to safeguard critical data and ensure a swift recovery process. Understand and apply best practices for data integrity and availability.
- Currently pursuing or hold a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Extensive experience with AWS Lambda, particularly writing Lambdas in Server-side Swift.
- Proficient in managing database operations with DynamoDB and creating automated workflows with AWS Step Functions.
- Willingness to serve as a 24/7 contact for production incidents, with an additional stipend for off-hours responses.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and a commitment to quality.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with a proven ability to work effectively in a remote setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of AWS’s global infrastructure, including a deep understanding of how to leverage multiple regions for improved performance and reliability.
- Experience in developing and executing disaster recovery plans in cloud environments, with a focus on minimizing downtime and preventing data loss.
- Familiarity with AWS AppSync, Route53, and Amplify hosting.
- Knowledge of active-active pass-through configurations.
- A competitive salary ranging from $100,000 to $200,000, based on experience.
- A fully remote position, offering flexibility and a healthy work-life balance.
- A unique opportunity to contribute your ideas and expertise to a growing platform with a global impact.
- A collaborative and supportive work environment that values continuous learning and professional growth.
- A standard 40-hour work week.
At SongShift, we are passionate about music and technology, and we are looking for individuals who share our enthusiasm and drive. If you are ready to take on a challenging and rewarding role, apply today and help us bring the joy of music to millions around the globe!
SongShift is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you are interested in applying to this listing or have any questions, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org and include a resume.